All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its Seventh Edition, Air Transportation: A Management Perspective by John Wensveen is a proven textbook that offers a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of air transportation management. In addition to explaining the fundamentals, this book w takes the reader to the leading edge of the discipline, using past and present trends to forecast future challenges the industry may face and encouraging the reader to really think about the decisions a manager implements. The Seventh Edition brings the text right up to date with a new opening chapter, titled 'The Airline Industry: Trends, Challenges and Strategies', setting the context for all that follows within the book, and a new section within 'International Aviation' that explores the new airline business models. New and updated material has been added throughout the text and overall presents a more international perspective. Arranged in sharply focused parts and accessible sections, the exposition is clear and reader-friendly. Air Transportation: A Management Perspective is suitable for almost all aviation programs that feature business and management. Its student-friendly structure and style make it highly suitable for modular courses and distance-learning programmes, or for self-directed study and continuing personal professional development.
- Author BiographyDr John G. Wensveen earned a Ph.D. in International Air Transport from the University of Wales and a BA in Geography and Transportation Land Use Planning from the University of Victoria, Canada. He is currently President & CEO of Airline Visions, an aviation consultancy based in Washington DC, specialized in the development of airline business plans. Dr Wensveen was one of the founding executive team members and Vice President of International Development at MAXjet Airways. Dr Wensveen has held the academic positions of Dean of the School of Aviation at Dowling College in New York and professor of airline management at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach. He is connected with a number of industry associations and is a faculty member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) as well as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Maryland University College. Dr Wensveen is also one of the editors of Aeronautica Journal at Griffith University's Aerospace Strategic Study Centre in Brisbane, Australia. He is an active contributor to the international media on aviation-related issues.
- Author(s)John G. Wensveen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Out-of-print date13/04/2015
- Content Noteincludes 58 figures
- Weight1270 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement7th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.