All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a compilation of information on airborne microalgae and cyabacteria. This includes a survey of the literature, biology and ecology of airborne algae, mechanisms involved in their aerosolisation, the role of environmental factors in shaping the structure and composition of aero-algal communities, and information on methodological approaches used to study airborne algae. It also discusses the importance of airborne algae, including their ecological significance, as well as the role they could play in estimating the diversity and biogeography of different microalgal groups. Studies have shown that airborne algae may act as allergens. Since many reported airborne algae are kwn to produce toxins, they could also therefore be responsible for certain toxicoses. The book is intended to rejuvenate the academia's interest in the above aspects of this fascinating group of microbes.
- Author(s)Naveen Kumar Sharma
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight176 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.