All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title examines the evolution of the aircraft carrier, from the first flights from ships in World War-I through to modern carriers used in the Falklands. It is a comprehensive country-by-country visual directory of the major aircraft carriers, with text describing the construction, appearance, function and history. The specification boxes provide at-a-glance information about each aircraft carrier's country of origin, the company that built the carrier, construction and completion dates, displacement, dimensions, types of aircraft carried, armament, power and performance. It includes quotes from military leaders, plus a glossary explaining military terms and abbreviations. This unique and impressive encyclopedia is both a fascinating history of the aircraft carrier's development and a comprehensive country-by-country visual directory of more than 170 of the world's aviation ships over nearly a century. Each directory entry is accompanied by a specification panel detailing country of origin, the company that built the carrier, construction and completion dates, displacement, dimensions, types of aircraft carried, armament, power and performance. All the carriers are accompanied by identification photographs, many of which are full-color and have never previously been published together in one volume.
- Author BiographyBernard Ireland spent 30 years in ship research for the Admiralty in the Royal Naval Scientific Service. He has worked as an illustrator for the shipping industry, producing impressions and technical cutaways for companies such as Canadian Pacific and Blue Star Lines, and has produced illustrations for the Port of London Monthly and technical posters for the Science Museum, South Kensington. He is the author of over 25 specialist naval books, together with major contributions to numerous partworks and journals on the history of ships.
- Author(s)Bernard Ireland
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note500 colour & b/w photographs
- Weight1270 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.