Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $114.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by merrylien
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive, current guide to aircraft powerplants Fully revised to cover the latest industry advances, Aircraft Powerplants, Eighth Edition, prepares you for certification as an FAA powerplant technician in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR). This authoritative text has been updated to reflect recent changes in FAR Part 147. This new edition features expanded coverage of turbine-engine theory and menclature, current models of turbofan, turboprop, and turboshaft engines, and up-to-date details on turbine-engine fuel, oil, and ignition systems. Important information on how individual components and systems operate together is integrated throughout the text. Clear photos of various components and full-color inserts of diagrams and systems are included. Review questions at the end of each chapter enable you to check your kwledge of the topics presented in this practical resource. Aircraft Powerplants, Eighth Edition, covers: Aircraft powerplant classification and progress Reciprocating-engine construction and menclature Internal-combustion engine theory and performance Lubricants and lubricating systems Induction systems, superchargers, turbochargers, and, cooling and exhaust systems Basic fuel systems and carburetors Fuel injection systems Reciprocating-engine ignition and starting systems Operation, inspection, maintenance, and troubleshooting of reciprocating engines Reciprocating-engine overhaul practices Gas-turbine engine: theory, jet propulsion principles, engine performance, and efficiencies Principal parts of a gas-turbine engine, construction, and menclature Gas-turbine engine: fuels and fuel systems Turbine-engine lubricants and lubricating systems Ignition and starting systems of gas-turbine engines Turbofan, turboprop, and turboshaft engines Gas-turbine operation, inspection, troubleshooting, maintenance, and overhaul Propeller theory, menclature, and operation Turbopropellers and control systems Propeller installation, inspection, and maintenance Engine indicating, warning, and control systems
- Author BiographyThomas W. Wild is a professor in the Aviation Technology Department at Purdue University. He holds or has held several FAA certifications, including Aviation Maintenance Technician, Designated Mechanic Examiner, Flight Engineer, Inspection Authorization, and Sport Pilot. Professor Wild has earned numerous awards for his contributions to education during his over 32 years at Purdue. He has taught many courses dealing with reciprocating and gas-turbine engines, propellers, propeller control systems, and large aircraft systems. Professor Wild also serves as the managing editor of the Aviation Technician Education Council Journal. He has written and published many books and articles on several aviation-related subjects and served on boards of directors of aviation professional organizations. Michael J. Kroes is an aviation practitioner and educator with more than 35 years of experience in the field. He holds or has held several FAA certifications, including Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic, Inspection Authorization, Designated Mechanic Examiner, Designated Engineering Representative, and Commercial Pilot. Mr. Kroes has worked for some of the top aviation companies, including Raytheon and Allied Signal, and spent 25 years as a professor and department head at Purdue University. Recognized as a leading expert on FAA technician certification, he authored a comprehensive study funded by the FAA. This study was used to develop new FAA technician certification content and guidelines.
- Author(s)Michael J. Kroes,Thomas W. Wild
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight1755 g
- Width223 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.