All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition of Aircraft Systems represents a timely update of the Aerospace Series' successful and widely acclaimed flagship title. Moir and Seabridge present an in-depth study of the general systems of an aircraft - electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, emergency systems and flight control to name but a few - that transform an aircraft shell into a living, functioning and communicating flying machine. Advances in systems techlogy continue to alloy systems and avionics, with aircraft support and flight systems increasingly controlled and monitored by electronics; the authors handle the complexities of these overlaps and interactions in a straightforward and accessible manner that also enhances synergy with the book's two sister volumes, Civil Avionics Systems and Military Avionics Systems . Aircraft Systems, 3 rd Edition is thoroughly revised and expanded from the last edition in 2001, reflecting the significant techlogical and procedural changes that have occurred in the interim - new aircraft types, increased electronic implementation, developing markets, increased environmental pressures and the emergence of UAVs. Every chapter is updated, and the latest techlogies depicted. It offers an essential reference tool for aerospace industry researchers and practitioners such as aircraft designers, fuel specialists, engine specialists, and ground crew maintenance providers, as well as a textbook for senior undergraduate and postgraduate students in systems engineering, aerospace and engineering avionics.
- Author BiographyLan Moir After 20 years in the royal Air Force as an engineering officer, Ian went on to Smiths Industries in the UK where he was involved in a number of advanced projects. Since retiring from Smiths he is now in demand as a highly respected consultant. Ian has a brad and detailed experience working in aircraft avionics systems in both military and civil aircraft. From the RAF Tornado and Apache helicopter to the Boeing 777, Ian's work has kept him at the forefront of new system developments and integrated systems in the areas of more-electric technology and systems implementations. He has a special interest in fostering training and education in aerospace engineering. Allan Seabridge was until recently the Chief Flight Systems Engineer at BAE Systems at Warton in Lancashire in the UK. In over 30 years in the aerospace industry his work has latterly included the avionics systems on the Nimrod MRA 4 and Lockheed Martin Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter) as well as a the development of a range of flight and avionics systems on a wide range of fast jets, training aircraft and ground and maritime surveillance projects. Spending much of his time between Europe and the US, Allan is fully aware of systems developments worldwide. he is also keen to encourage a further understanding of integrated engineering systems. An interest in engineering education continues with the design and delivery of systems and engineering courses at a number of UK universities at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Author(s)Allan Seabridge,Ian Moir
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2008
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleAerospace Series
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1050 g
- Width173 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.