All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive guide to aircraft modelling which covers everything from the basic principles to making your first flying model through to advanced scale construction models. The key to the book is the extraordinary thoroughness of its scope and content, from the step-by-step instructions to the detailed scaled plans and illustrations. Even the 'summary of contents' is five A4 pages long showing at-a-glance what there is to learn and how to get additional information and practice! The book covers your first flying model, what materials and tools are needed, marking and cutting, designing your own plane, construction drawing, enlarging plans and building models. It explains the simple rules of flight, building a glider with control surfaces, building a 'progressive' trainer, choosing radio control, how to handle your first flight, preflight checks, flight debriefing, adding an engine, engine management, engine tuning, powered flight and adding wheels. Flying instructions include taxiing, takeoff, landing, basic flight maeuvres, turning, figure of eight, flying in a wind, dead stick landing, loop and roll. Modelling techniques covered include working with polystyrene, moulding in fibreglass, vacuum forming, finishing and fitting out, installing large engines, registration of plans and much, much more...
- Author BiographyKelvin Shacklock began modelling aircraft at primary school and has retained an interest ever since. He is a member of the New Zealand Model Aeronautical Association and has served as President of the Christchurch Radio Flyers. A self-employed designer and computer graphics artist, he has worked in advertising, publishing and industrial design. He was the stylist for the Hamilton Marine Jet Boat Thunderball, featured in the James Bond movie of the same name.
- Author(s)Kelvin Shacklock
- PublisherSpecial Interest Model Books
- Date of Publication28/09/2000
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpecial Interest Model Books
- Content Note538 black & white photographs; 75 scale plans; 95 line drawings;
- Weight998 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.