All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis latest book on the Airfields & Airmen of the First World War covers the earliest days of the RFC with the retreat from Mons. We visit the graves of Fokker Eindecker aces and the airfields where the first Jastas were formed. Also covered are airfields from which Allied aces such as Beauchamp Proctor VC flew and there is a visit to the American cemetery at Bony that contains a number of aviators.
- Author BiographyMike O'Connor started his writing career after retiring recently from British Airways where he flew Concorde around the world. His fascination of aviation and in particular earlier aviation, combined with his interest in WW1 has led to this his second book. Mike O'Connor lives in High Hurstwood, East Sussex with his wife Polly.
- Author(s)Mike O'Connor
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBattleground Europe
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.