Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAirports have seen an extraordinary procession people; from Charlie Chaplin to The Beatles and even the Thunderbirds! This book provides a visual tribute to the 20th Century, with photographs from PA Photos' archives. It is a beautiful gift idea, alone or part of this invaluable series. Supplanting the great sea ports as the primary points of entry to Britain, the country's airports have seen an extraordinary procession of the famous and infamous as they come and go. Poised there, always, are the press photographers whose lives are spent capturing these moments for newspapers of the day. None escape their lenses: Charlie Chaplin is seen in the 1930s swathed in flying helmet and goggles as he leaves Croydon for Paris and again in the 1950s after McCarthyism drove him from the USA. Predictably, The Beatles are captured leaving for their triumphant tour of America, but less predictably the Thunderbirds puppets pose on the steps of a plane, bound for Japan! Britain's busiest airport, Heathrow, is also the world's third busiest airport, handling the most international passengers in the world!
- Author BiographyPA Photos is the photographic agency of the PA Group, the UK's national press agency best known as The Press Association. Established in the 19th Century, the PA has been capturing and archiving news photography for 140 years. Many of these pictures have not been seen since the time that they were first taken: to modern eyes the archives of PA Photos yield a unique insight into Britain's recent past.
- Author(s)PA Photos
- PublisherAE Publications
- Date of Publication03/09/2009
- Series TitleTwentieth Century in Pictures
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmmonite Press
- Content Notefull colour throughout, 300 photographs
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.61Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.