Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the relationship between cities and their commercial airports. These vital transportation facilities are locally owned and managed and civic leaders and boosters have made them central to often expansive ecomic development dreams, including the construction of architecturally significant buildings. However, other metropolitan residents have paid a high price for the expansion of air transportation, as battles over jet aircraft ise resulted t only in quieter jet engine techlogies, but profound changes in the metropolitan landscape with the clearance of both urban and suburban neighborhoods. And in the wake of 9/11, the US commercial airport has emerged as the place where Americans most fully experience the security regime introduced after those terrorist attacks.
- Author BiographyJanet R. Bednarek is a professor of history at the University of Dayton, USA where she teaches classes in both urban and aviation history. She is the author of several books including America's Airports: Airfield Development Since 1918 as well as articles on American urban and transportation history.
- Author(s)Janet R. Bednarek
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight524 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJames Fleming,Roger D. Launius
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.