Al Dente: the Adventures of a Gastronome in Italy by William Black (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Al Dente , William Black travels the length and breadth of Italy in order to get to the roots of Italian food. Our intrepid gastrome eats whatever gets in his way which often isn't quite what it seems. If it's cheese then it may be considered ripe only when it has been predigested by maggots or perhaps made solely from the milk of tired cows. A bowl of pasta might come with donkey sauce. A dish of wind dried tuna apparently includes its testicles. A lovely risotto has been made with seagull broth...William's dedication to his task kws alarmingly few bounds. His quest for the most delicious and authentic cooking and the very finest ingredients takes him to some wonderfully familiar places as well as others far off the beaten track: he drinks great coffee in Turin, chases rabbits in Ischia and views the mattanza, the annual tuna catch, off the coast of Sardinia. One minute he's scoffing eel brodetto, the next waxing lyrical about the joys of frog risotto. And as he eats his way to the country's culinary heart, he unearths the fascinating story of his own family's role in Italian history. A joy from cover to cover and 100 per cent mierda di bufala-free, Al Dente is a must for anyone with an interest in Italy or its food. It will probably make you want to book a holiday and it will certainly make you laugh.
- Author Biographyis the author of AL DENTE and the co-author with Sophie Grigson of several bestselling books: Fish, Organic and Travels a la Carte. He was the winner of the Glenfiddich award for his television programme Matters of Taste and he has sourced ingredients (fish in particular) for many of the UK's finest restaurants. He lives in Oxfordshire.
- Author(s)William Black
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2004
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, map, ports.
- Weight338 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.