All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance of al-Ghazali in the intellectual and spiritual history of both the Western and Islamic world cant be too highly estimated. He is considered to be the saviour of Islam because in his 40-volume opus magnum, The Revival of the Religion Sciences, he clarifies the spiritual meanings and inner purposes of every aspect of the Islamic faith. This book, an illustrated biography for both parents and children-with adjacent text for both-presents this inspiring life with exquisite miniatures in the Persian style. The biography covers his humble birth and education, rise to fame, spiritual crisis, and subsequent journeying to find the Truth in Syria, Palestine, and Mecca before returning home, having purified his heart. The text is distilled from his own autobiography, Deliverance from Error, written in the 11th century CE and from other scholarly biographies.
- Author BiographyDemi is the author and illustrator of more than 300 children's books, including picture-book biographies of spiritual leaders such as Jesus, Buddha, the Dalai Lama, Gandhi, Lao Tzu, Krishna, Mahavira, and Muhammad. Her titles have been designated American Library Association Notable Children's Books, New York Times Best Illustrated Books, Notable Books for a Global Society, and American Bookseller Pick of the List Books. She lives in Yarrow Point, Washington, USA.
- Author(s)Henry Muhammad
- PublisherFons Vitae,US
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationKentucky
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFons Vitae,US
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width241 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.