All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 38th chapter of the Revival of the Religious Sciences, this treatise follows on from Al-Ghazali on Intention, Sincerity & Truthfulness. Here, Ghazali focuses on the different stations of steadfastness in religion (murabaha), vigilance and self-examination being its cornerstones. As in all his writings, Ghazali bases his arguments on the Qur an, the example of the Prophet, and the sayings of numerous scholars and Sufis. As relevant today as it was in the 11th century, this discourse will be of interest to anyone concerned with ethics and moral philosophy.
- Author BiographyAbu Ḥamid al-Ghazali (1058-1111), theologian, logician, jurist and mystic, was born and died in Ṭus in Central Asia, but spent much of his life lecturing at Baghdad or leading the life of a wondering dervish. His most celebrated work, of which this is an important chapter, has exercised a profound influence on Muslim intellectual history by exploring the mystical significance of the practices and beliefs of Islamic orthodoxy, earning him the title of Ḥujjat al Islam, the 'Proof of Islam'.
- Author(s)Abu Hamid Muhammad Ghazali
- PublisherThe Islamic Texts Society
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleIslamic Texts Society Al-Ghazali Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Islamic Texts Society
- Weight227 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byAnthony Shaker
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.