All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAl-Kitaab Part One is the second book in the Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program and is w available in an extensively revised and reorganized third edition. This book with its compan website develops skills in formal and colloquial Arabic, including reading, listening, speaking, writing, and cultural kwledge, integrating materials in colloquial and formal/written Arabic. It provides a comprehensive program for students in the early stages of learning Arabic. FEATURES: Four-color design throughout the book with over 100 illustrations and photographs; Color-coded words and phrases throughout to easily follow the variety or varieties of Arabic you want to activate - Egyptian, Levantine, and/or formal Arabic; Introduces over 400 vocabulary words in all three forms of Arabic side by side; Presents the story of Maha and Khalid in Egyptian, and w Nasreen and Tariq in Levantine, in addition to Maha and Khalid in formal Arabic; Expanded grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences; New video dialogues from everyday life in both Egyptian and Levantine to reinforce vocabulary in culturally-rich contexts; Develops reading comprehension skills with new authentic texts; Reinforces learning through extensive classroom activities and homework exercises that provide constant review; Includes Arabic-English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index; Reduced from 20 chapters to 13 chapters, the course w more closely corresponds to two semesters of college study with an average of 4-5 contact hours per week; Textbook includes a convenient DVD with the basic audio and video materials ( interactive exercises) for offline study that will play in iTunes and compatible MP3 players; New companion website - alkitaabtextbook.com - features fully integrated interactive, self-correcting exercises, all the audio and video materials, and additional online course management and grading options for teachers Al-Kitaab Part One, Third Edition provides 125 contact (classroom) hours with approximately 250 homework hours. Students who complete Part One should reach an intermediate-mid level of proficiency.
- Author BiographyKristen Brustad is an associate professor of Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin and chair of the Department of Middle Eastern Studies. Mahmoud Al-Batal is an associate professor of Arabic and the director of the Arabic Flagship Program at the University of Texas at Austin. Abbas Al-Tonsi is senior lecturer at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar.
- Author(s)Abbas Al-Tonsi,Kristen Brustad,Mahmoud Al-Batal
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- LanguageArabic & English & English
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note17 color photos, 90 color illus.
- Weight885 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Student Manual/Study Guide
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.