Al Qaeda in Europe: The New Battleground of International Jihad by Lorenzo Vidino (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe July 2005 London bombings are yet ather example of how Europe has emerged as one of the key battlegrounds in the global War on Terror. The region has become a critical 'ground zero' for Islamist terrorists, t only as a target but as a base of operations. The implications for the United States are tremendous: under existing law, for example, terrorists carrying European passports could easily enter the country. It is t a coincidence, in fact, that every attack planned or executed against the United States, including 9/11, has had strong European ties. This is the first book in English that dissects Islamic terrorism in Europe. The book fills a critical gap in the understanding of the new threats posed by Islamist terrorism. Vidi analyses the causes of this dangerous situation while providing an extensive historical overview of Islamic terrorist activities in Europe. The book shows how terrorists - most of them native to the Continent - raise money, communicate, and hide in plain sight in the suburbs of London, Paris, and Amsterdam. It presents with painful clarity the difficulties that law enforcement agencies world-wide have had in shutting terror cells down. Finally, the book describes three of the most important networks operating in Europe. Vidi analyses events such as the Madrid train bombings, the thwarted plot to attack various European capitals with chemical weapons, and the movements of hundreds of European Muslims who are joining terrorist groups in Iraq to fight U.S. forces. Vidi includes fascinating information taken from a dozen countries' original documentation (intelligence reports, indictments, court transcripts), plus transcripts of conversations among al Qaeda operatives that have been intercepted by intelligence agencies. Al Qaeda in Europe is authoritative, informative and written in a lively narrative that will captivate general readers, and become a valuable new resource for scholars and government officials.
- Author BiographyLorenzo Vidino is widely recognized as an expert on terrorism in Europe. In March and April 2005, he testified before Congress on the subject, and he frequently consults for the U.S. government on terror-related issues. He regularly appears on television, including The NBC Nightly News, Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC, and European and Middle Eastern channels. He holds a law degree and speaks five languages.
- Author(s)Lorenzo Vidino
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Content Notemaps
- Weight667 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword bySteven Emerson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.