All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA children's book about an aligator, turtle and frog teaching children about the importance of being a friend in spite of differences and that good friends are forever.
- Author BiographyE. Norbert Smith, or Doc Gator as his students called him, has spent most of his life studying alligators and other animals. He has written nearly 200 scientific articles, books and magazine articles. He was the first to study the heart rates of frightened animals and discovered their hearts slow down when they have a safe hiding place. Scientists that study reptiles and amphibians are called herpetologists. Like other herpetologists he knows, he kept several reptiles as pets as a child. He had a pet boa constrictor for 23 years. When the snake became too large to keep as a pet, he gave it to the Oklahoma City zoo so other people could enjoy it. Dr. Smith has studied many kinds of animals in the United States and South America. He published a book about the heart rates of wild animals are frightened. The book is called, Passive Fear, Alternative to Fight or Flight and can be ordered from your local bookstore or from Amazon.com online. Young people interested in animals and nature will find the book entertaining and educational. Dr. Smith shares his excitement and some of the difficulties he experienced studying wild animals in their natural environment. He is writing a series of children's books about an alligator and his friends in a pond in south Texas. This is the second book in that series. His first children's book, Al-the-Gator and Freddy Frog will soon be available in Spanish and is filled with beautiful color drawings of alligators where they live.
- Author(s)Phd E Norbert Smith
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.