All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- Description'[Badiou's theory] enacts a return to full-blown philosophy that strikes as a thunder into the morass of postmodernist sophisms and platitudes...[Badiou] aims at the very heart of politically correct 'radical' intellectuals, undermining the foundations of their mode of life!' Slavoj Zizek, Professor at the Institute of Sociology, University of Ljubljana Alain Badiou is rapidly emerging as one of the most radical and influential philosophers of our time. Badiou opposes the contemporary reduction of philosophy to thing but a matter of language and premature anuncements of the end of philosophy and thus sets himself against both analytic and continental modes of philosophy. Setting the traditional platonic concerns of philosophy, truth and being, against the modern sophists of postmodernism, Badiou has articulated a powerful systematic philosophy with profound ethical and political consequences. This is the first introduction to Alain Badiou in English and is especially timely as the number of Badiou's works in translation is rapidly increasing and his star continues to rise. Giving a clear overview of Badiou's work and the intellectual and political context from which it emerges, Jason Barker's book is set to become the standard work on Badiou for many years to come.
- Author BiographyJason Barker is a freelance writer who is currently translating Badiou's 'Abrege de Metapolitique' for Verso books. Alain Badiou is Professor of Philosophy at Universite de Paris VIII (Vincennes at Saint-Denis) and is also Conference Director at the College International de Philosophie. He has published many books including novels and political texts. Manifesto for Philosophy, Deleuze and Ethics have already been translated into English.
- Author(s)Jason Barker
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication07/12/2001
- Series TitleModern European Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Notenotes, references, bibliog , index
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.