All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Author's naval war experiences make the most exciting reading. After being mined on the battleship Nelson in 1939, he served on the Prince of Wales, during the Bismarck action, witnessing the sinking of the Hood and Churchill and Roosevelt's historic meeting. He survived the disastrous sinking by Japanese dive-bombing in December 1941 but within two days of reaching Singapore, the Island fell. Evacuated in a coastal steamer, only to be sunk the next morning, he was stranded on a deserted island for a week before setting out for Ceylon in a native boat. His epic journey covered 1660 miles and took 37 days. Thereafter his adventures continued, with the North African landings, Russian convoys and, returning to the Far East, he was in the carrier Formidable when she was hit twice by Japanese Kamikazes before VI Day August 1945.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Brooke
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2004
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeo Cooper Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight626 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.