All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlaska's licence plate slogan 'The Last Frontier' says it all. This is a state that, until the 1970s, had far more male residents than female. 'The odds are good,' the women used to say, 'but the goods are odd.' Bradt's Alaska guides visitors beyond the cruise ship ports and into the real Alaska. Written by a local, the book includes a comprehensive guide to Alaska's flora and fauna, and draws on the author's many years of experience exploring and guiding tourists on kayaking and hiking trips through this vast wilderness little touched by the hand of man.
- Author BiographyTT Terpening was raised in Homer and the Aleutian Islands, Alaska. He is a professional photographer and writer specializing in travel, the outdoors and culture.
- Author(s)Traveler Terpening
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication08/03/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Regional Guides)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Out-of-print date25/02/2016
- Content Note16pp colour photos & 43 maps
- Weight32 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $15.00New
- AU $12.56New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.70
- AU $40.57Trending at AU $41.69
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $25.43
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $39.00
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $68.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.52
- AU $55.25Trending at AU $57.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.