All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide to Alaskan wild plants, native and introduced, can be used to promote health and healing, use for emergency first-aid care, or to maintain wellness. More than fifty plant species are described with information on habitat and distribution as well as general information on how each one can be used as medicine. This natural history of some of Alaska's medicinal plants is t intended to serve the purpose of a self-care manual of medicine. Dr. Elear G. Viereck presents useful and fascinating information about trees, flowers, and shrubs accompanied by accurately rendered line drawing of the vegetation.Dr. Viereck tells where to find each plant. She also discusses plant collecting in general and how to brew healthful herb teas. An illustrated glossary, cross-references t therapeutic uses of specific plants, and a thorough biblioraphy completes this valuable contribution to plant lore..
- Author BiographyEleanor G. Viereck earned a Ph.D in biology from the University of Colorado. She taught courses at the Tanana Valley Campus of the University of Alaska, Fairbanks on herb lore and holistic health. She is also the co-author of Meditation: The Complete Guide.
- Author(s)Eleanor Viereck
- PublisherAlaska Northwest Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlaska Northwest Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.