All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlbania's unspoilt mountain scenery, cultural sites and beaches mean it is becoming increasingly popular with a growing number of curious travellers. This affectionate guide to Albania covers the length and breadth of the country, discovering remote villages and out-of-the-way towns such as Peshkopia and Erseka. Visitors will find detailed information on wildlife, national parks, hiking routes, and beaches and the latest updates in a country where changes happen every 5 minutes. For those interested in the culture and history, there is more on the main archaeological sites at Butrint and Byllis and Byzantine art, together with biographical vignettes of individuals who have figured in the country's history.
- Author BiographyGillian Gloyer first attempted - wholly unsuccessfully - to visit Albania in 1981. She finally made it in 1998 and spent most of the next four years living and working there. She travelled the length and breadth of the country for both business and pleasure; she continues to visit the country regularly and retains good contacts there. She speaks the language well and translated the extracts from Albanian authors which feature in the guidebook. She is a keen hill walker and amateur archaeologist.
- Author(s)Gillian Gloyer
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication09/01/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $25.54Trending at AU $39.71
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.