All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
About this product
- DescriptionDay care in Alberta has had a remarkably durable history as a controversial issue. Since the late 1950s, disputes over day care programs, policies, and funding have been a recurring feature of political life in the province. Alberta's Day Care Controversy traces the development of day care policies and programs in Alberta, with particular emphasis on policy decisions and program initiatives that have provoked considerable debate and struggle among citizens. Langford brings to light the public controversies that occurred during the last four decades of the twentieth century and the first decade of the new millennium, placing contemporary issues in historical context and anticipating the elements of future policy struggles.
- Author BiographyTom Langford is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Calgary. His research focuses on globalization, labour, and the politics of early learning and child care.
- Author(s)Tom Langford
- PublisherAU Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleWest Unbound
- Place of PublicationEDMONTON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAU Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.