Alcoholism and Aging: An Annotated Bibliography and Review by Helen E. Wood, Iris A. Parham, Nancy J. Osgood (Hardback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $167.80+ postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionExperts in gerontology, clinical psychology, and geriatric medicine provide an analytical survey and abstracts of the significant literature and research dealing with alcoholism and aging over the last 30 years. This research guide offers a general survey with sections dealing separately with the prevalence, precipitants, effects, diagsis, prevention, and treatment of alcoholism in the older generation. The book also offers directions for future research. The narrative ends with a listing of references that have been assessed. The antated bibliography gives abstracts for 301 sources that are arranged by types of works: bibliographies, overview articles, books and book chapters, empirical studies, and miscellaneous works. Cross-references and author and subject indexes make this guide readily accessible to students and teachers in the field of sociology, gerontology, psychology, medicine, and public health.
- Author BiographyNANCY J. OSGOOD, Professor of Gerontology and Sociology at Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, has authored and coauthored books, book chapters, and numerous journal articles on the topics of substance abuse and aging, suicide in the elderly, and creative arts and aging. Her books include The Science and Practice of Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Guide (Greenwood, 1989), Suicide and the Elderly (Greenwood, 1986), and Suicide in Later Life: Recognizing the Warning Signs (1992). Osgood has also directed an AoA-funded statewide model detection and prevention program for geriatric alcoholism in Virginia. HELEN E. WOOD, a student in the Clinical Psychology doctoral program at Virginia Commonwealth University, played a major role in the Virginia geriatric alcoholism program and has contributed articles to professional journals. IRIS A. PARHAM, Professor of Gerontology, Psychology, and Geriatric Medicine, chairs the Department of Gerontology and serves as Executive Director of the Virginia Geriatric Education Center at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is the author of Gerontological Social Work: An Annotated Bibliography (Greenwood, 1993), Fundamentals in Geriatrics for Health Professionals: An Annotated Bibliography (Greenwood, 1990), a coauthor of Crisis Intervention with the Elderly: Theory, Practical Issues, and Training Procedures (1988), and she edited ACCESS: Aging Curriculum Content for Education in the Social-Behavioral Sciences (1990). She has also been a member of the Governor's Advisory Board on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders.
- Author(s)Helen E. Wood,Iris A. Parham,Nancy J. Osgood
- Date of Publication22/02/1995
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Gerontology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 24.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.