All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging filmmakers need to kw the basics of their art form: the language of the camera, and lenses, the different crew roles, the formats, the aspect ratios. They also need to kw some bare-bones theory: what an auteur is, what montage is, what genres are. Most important, all filmmakers require serious grounding in film. You cant be a great artist if you aren't versed in great art. An Introduction to Film covers all these aspects, from director and filmmaker Alex Cox's perspective.
- Author BiographyMaverick director Alex Cox has directed such acclaimed films as Repo Man, Sid & Nancy, Straight to Hell, Death and the Compass, Walker, and Searchers 2.0. He s also the author of 10,000 Ways to Die and X Films: True Confessions of a Radical Filmmaker, and has written on film for publications including Film Comment, Guardian, Independent, and Sight and Sound.
- Author(s)Alex Cox
- PublisherKamera Books
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationHarpenden
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKamera Books
- Weight214 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.40
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.