All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionUsing rhymes and bright, whimsical pictures, Alex and the Amazing Lemonade Stand tells a sweet, true story of a little girl named Alex. Faced with a problem, she comes up with a plan she will sell lemonade from a lemonade stand. This story shows how the small act of one person can have an impact on many people.
- Author BiographyJay Scott is the co-executive director of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. When his daughter Alexandra decided to run a lemonade stand to help doctors find new treatments and ultimately a cure for all childhood cancers, including her own, Jay and his wife Liz supported Alex's mission every step of the way. After cancer took Alex's life, they continued Alex's legacy of hope. Alexandra Alex Scott was born in Connecticut on January 18, 1996, the second of four children. Shortly before her first birthday, Alex was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a type of childhood cancer. On her first birthday, the doctors informed Alex's parents that if she beat her cancer it was doubtful that she would ever walk again. Just two weeks later, Alex slightly moved her leg at her parents' request to kick. This was the first indication of who she would turn out to bea a determined, courageous, confident and inspiring child with big dreams and big accomplishments.
- Author(s)Jay Scott,Liz Scott
- PublisherPaje Publishing Company
- Date of Publication28/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaje Publishing Company
- Out-of-print date08/09/2016
- Weight181 g
- Width211 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.