All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlex is an alligator who has experienced 'scary' things. In this charmingly illustrated story, he talks about how this affects him and how he copes. By reading about the different parts of Alex that come out because of the scary things he has experienced, such as The Destroyer when he is angry, Spacey when he dissociates, and Puddles when he is sad, children will learn to recognise when they experience these emotions themselves and find solutions for overcoming them. Alex talks about the different coping strategies he uses to get back to being himself, such as breathing techniques, a counting game, painting, and finding a safe space he can go to, encouraging children to think about when they can do to help themselves handle difficult feelings. An essential resource for professionals working with children who have experienced trauma, including social workers, counsellors, therapists, and child psychologists, as well as for parents and foster carers. Suitable for children aged approximately 4 to 8 years.
- Author BiographyMelissa Moses is an Assistant Psychologist at McLean Hospital. She has a doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology. Melissa has a private practice in Belmont, Massachusetts and specializes in treating survivors of trauma and the treatment of substance use disorders. She also has an MFA in Creative Writing from Lesley University. Alison MacEachern, LMHC currently resides in Massachusetts. She graduated from Florida State University with a B.S. in Studio Art where she gained experience in illustration and graphic design. Alison has a master's degree from Lesley University in Expressive Therapy, and has a private practice where she does Art Therapy, working primarily with children and adolescents. Alison is also co-president of New England Art Therapy Association.
- Author(s)Melissa Moses
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note17 full colour illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alison MacEachern
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.