All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe beloved Caldecott Hor book and Christopher Award winner about two unlikely friends who see each other for who they are inside. Everyone loves Willy the wind-up mouse, while Alexander the real mouse is chased away with brooms and mousetraps. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be loved and cuddled, thinks Alexander, and he wishes he could be a wind-up mouse too. In this gentle fable about a real mouse and a mechanical mouse, Leo Lionni explores the magic of friendship. Originally published in 1969, the Caldecott Hor-winning Alexander and the Wind-up Mouse is sure to enchant a whole new generation of readers. A delicate fantasy about friendship, illusrated with bold, sumptuous collages. --The New York Times
- Author BiographyLEO LIONNI wrote and illustrated more than 40 picture books, including four Caldecott Honor books: Inch by Inch, Swimmy, Frederick, and Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse. He died in 1999 at the age of 89.
- Author(s)Leo Lionni
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/1969
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width233 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $50.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.