All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionFew figures in history have left a legacy of such unparalleled achievements as Alexander the Great. This catalogue sheds light on the legend of Alexander the Great and explores the historical and cultural context of this celebrated figure in Greek history. During his reign, Alexander united the warring City States of Greece, conquered the Persian Empire, and expanded the reign of his empire to the borders of India. While the exhibition included depictions of Alexander, it also painted a vivid portrait of Macedonian life through ancient artifacts of the time. Unique to this catalogue is full illustration and commentary on a collection of rare and precious artifacts recently excavated in Vergina from the tomb of an ancient queen kwn as The Lady of Aigai . These finds - including gold plates, golden fibulae, an ornate set of matching gold jewelry, and decorations from a dress - attest to the elegant and lavish lifestyle of the ancient Macedonian blewomen. Contributors to the exhibition catalogue include, in addition to the curator, Frank L. Holt, Professor of History, University of Houston; Polyxeni Adam-Veleni, Director, 27th Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities, Hellenic Ministry of Culture; Angeliki Kottaridi, Archaeologist, 17th Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities, Hellenic Ministry of Culture; Maria Lilibaki-Akamati, Director, 17th Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities, Hellenic Ministry of Culture; Eleni Trakosopoulou, Director, 16th Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities, Hellenic Ministry of Culture; and Maria Tsimibidou-Avloniti, Archaeologist, 16th Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities, Hellenic Ministry of Culture.
- PublisherAlexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation (US)
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation (US)
- Content Notecolor and b/w illus.
- Weight839 g
- Width226 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDimitris Pandermallis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.