All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn interviews ranging from 1955 to 1980, Alfred Hitchcock talks about the time he was locked in a police cell when he was a child and being typecast as a director of thrillers. He also discusses his early films; the advent of 'talkies'; planning Psycho ; American audiences; cinema techniques; horror films, and the influence of real crimes. He considers the difference between making films in America and Britain; the importance of lighting; his female leads, and being a practical joker. As well as critics, he also touches on avoiding cliches; murder in film; film editing and music; The Birds ; the star factor in actors, and making comedies. Please te that, due to the age and nature of this archive material, the sound quality may vary. AudioGO's In Their Own Words series features interviews with some of the key figures from the fields of entertainment, sport, politics and literature - many of which haven't been heard since their original transmission. This is a unique window into the past and is a chance for us to hear those who contributed to the richness of our cultural heritage. With access to the entire archive of BBC Radio and television, we can w witness some of the most lively, entertaining and informative encounters in BBC broadcasting.
- Author BiographyAlfred Hitchcock was an English film director and producer, at times referred to as The Master of Suspense. His films include The Birds, Psycho, Rear Window, and Vertigo.
- Author(s)Alfred Hitchcock
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication23/02/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight104 g
- Width125 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Read byAlfred Hitchcock
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time80
- Edition StatementA&M
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.