All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on teaching by example. Every chapter provides a bit of an overview, and then dives right in to hands-on examples so you can see and play with the solution in your own environment. All code samples run on both the latest Enterprise and Labs release. This book will be most useful to developers who are writing code to customize Alfresco for their organization or who are creating custom applications that sit on top of Alfresco. This book is for Java developers, and you will get most from the book if you already work with Java but you need t have prior experience on Alfresco. Although Alfresco makes heavy use of open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, JavaServer Faces, and Lucene, prior experience using these is assumed or necessary.
- Author BiographyJeff Potts leads the industry's largest group of certified Alfresco consultants as the Director of the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Practice at Optaros. Jeff brings over 10 years of ECM practice leadership and over 16 years of IT and technology implementation experience in IT departments and professional services organizations. Jeff began working with and blogging about Alfresco in November of 2005. In 2006 and 2007, Jeff published a series of Alfresco tutorials and published them on his blog, ecmarchitect.com. That work, together with other Community activity in Alfresco's forum, wiki site, and Jira earned him Alfresco's 2007 Community Contributor of the Year Award. The same year, Optaros earned Alfresco's Global Partner of the Year and Implementation of the Year awards. Jeff's areas of business expertise include document management, content management, workflow, collaboration, portals, and search. Throughout his consulting career he has worked on a number of projects for Fortune 500 clients across the Media & Entertainment, Airline, Consumer Packaged Goods, and Retail sectors. Prior to Optaros, Mr. Potts was a Vice President at Hitachi Consulting (formerly Navigator Systems, Inc.) where he founded and grew the ECM practice around legacy knowledge management, document management, Web Content Management (WCM), and collaboration solutions in addition to custom development.
- Author(s)Jeff Potts
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight945 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.