All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Volume II of a two-volume introductory text in classical algebra. The text moves methodically with numerous examples and details so that readers with some basic kwledge of algebra can read it without difficulty. It is recommended either as a textbook for some particular algebraic topic or as a reference book for consultations in a selected fundamental branch of algebra. The book contains a wealth of material. Amongst the topics covered in Volume are the theory of ordered fields and Nullstellen Theorems. Kwn researcher Lorenz also includes the fundamentals of the theory of quadratic forms, of valuations, local fields and modules. What's more, the book contains some lesser kwn or ntraditional results - for instance, Tsen's results on the solubility of systems of polymial equations with a sufficiently large number of indeterminates.
- Author(s)Falko Lorenz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/12/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUniversitext
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated bySilvio Levy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.