All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIdeal for courses that require the use of a graphing calculator, ALGEBRA AND TRIGONOMETRY: REAL MATHEMATICS, REAL PEOPLE, 6th Edition, features quality exercises, interesting applications, and invative resources to help you succeed. Retaining the book's emphasis on student support, selected examples include tations directing students to previous sections where they can review concepts and skills needed to master the material at hand. The book also achieves accessibility through careful writing and design--including examples with detailed solutions that begin and end on the same page, which maximizes readability. Similarly, side-by-side solutions show algebraic, graphical, and numerical representations of the mathematics and support a variety of learning styles. Reflecting its new subtitle, this significant revision focuses more than ever on showing readers the relevance of mathematics in their lives and future careers.
- Author BiographyDr. Ron Larson is a professor of mathematics at The Pennsylvania State University, where he has taught since 1970. He received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Colorado and is considered the pioneer of using multimedia to enhance the learning of mathematics, having authored over 30 software titles since 1990. Dr. Larson conducts numerous seminars and in-service workshops for math educators around the country about using computer technology as an instructional tool and motivational aid. He is the recipient of the 2014 William Holmes McGuffey Longevity Award for CALCULUS: EARLY TRANSCENDENTAL FUNCTIONS, the 2014 Text and Academic Authors Association TEXTY Award for PRECALCULUS, the 2012 William Holmes McGuffey Longevity Award for CALCULUS: AN APPLIED APPROACH, and the 1996 Text and Academic Authors Association TEXTY Award for INTERACTIVE CALCULUS (a complete text on CD-ROM that was the first mainstream college textbook to be offered on the Internet). Dr. Larson authors numerous textbooks including the best-selling Calculus series published by Cengage Learning.
- Author(s)Ron Larson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2315 g
- Width224 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.