All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe topic of this book is the study of singular perturbations of ordinary differential equations, i.e., perturbations that represent solutions as asymptotic series rather than as analytic functions in a perturbation parameter. The main method used is the so-called WKB (Wentzel-Kramers-Brillouin) method, originally invented for the study of quantum-mechanical systems. The authors describe in detail the WKB method and its applications to the study of modromy problems for Fuchsian differential equations and to the analysis of Painleve functions. The volume is suitable for graduate students and researchers interested in differential equations and special functions.
- Author(s)Takahiro Kawai,Yoshitsugu Takei
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication15/11/2005
- Series TitleTranslations of Mathematical Monographs Reprint
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 227
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight198 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.