All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe past few years have witnessed significant developments in algebraic coding theory. This book provides an advanced treatment of the subject from an engineering perspective, covering the basic principles and their application in communications and signal processing. Emphasis is on codes defined on the line, on the plane, and on curves, with the core ideas presented using commutative algebra and computational algebraic geometry made accessible using the Fourier transform. Starting with codes defined on a line, a background framework is established upon which the later chapters concerning codes on planes, and on curves, are developed. The decoding algorithms are developed using the standard engineering approach applied to those of Reed-Solomon codes, enabling them to be evaluated against practical applications. Integrating recent developments in the field into the classical treatment of algebraic coding, this is an invaluable resource for graduate students and researchers in telecommunications and applied mathematics.
- Author BiographyRichard E. Blahut is Head of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, where he is also a professor. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and the recipient of many awards including the IEEE Alexander Graham Bell Medal (1998), the Tau Beta Pi Daniel C. Drucker Eminent Faculty Award, and the IEEE Millennium Medal. He was named Fellow of the IBM Corporation in 1980, where he worked for over 30 years, and was elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 1990.
- Author(s)Richard E. Blahut
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note86 b/w illus.
- Weight1250 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.