All listings for this product
About this product
Robert Sedgewick has thoroughly rewritten and substantially expanded and updated his popular work to provide current and comprehensive coverage of important algorithms and data structures. Christopher Van Wyk and Sedgewick have developed new C++ implementations that both express the methods in a concise and direct manner, and also provide programmers with the practical means to test them on real applications.
Many new algorithms are presented, and the explanations of each algorithm are much more detailed than in previous editions. A new text design and detailed, invative figures, with accompanying commentary, greatly enhance the presentation. The third edition retains the successful blend of theory and practice that has made Sedgewick's work an invaluable resource for more than 250,000 programmers!
This particular book, Parts 1n4, represents the essential first half of Sedgewick's complete work. It provides extensive coverage of fundamental data structures and algorithms for sorting, searching, and related applications. Although the substance of the book applies to programming in any language, the implementations by Van Wyk and Sedgewick also exploit the natural match between C++ classes and ADT implementations.< /P>Highlights
- Expanded coverage of arrays, linked lists, strings, trees, and other basic data structures
- Greater emphasis on abstract data types (ADTs), modular programming, object-oriented programming, and C++ classes than in previous editions
- Over 100 algorithms for sorting, selection, priority queue ADT implementations, and symbol table ADT (searching) implementations
- New implementations of bimial queues, multiway radix sorting, randomized BSTs, splay trees, skip lists, multiway tries, B trees, extendible hashing, and much more
- Increased quantitative information about the algorithms, giving you a basis for comparing them
- Over 1000 new exercises to help you learn the properties of algorithms
Whether you are learning the algorithms for the first time or wish to have up-to-date reference material that incorporates new programming styles with classic and new algorithms, you will find a wealth of useful information in this book.
- Author Biography
Robert Sedgewick is the William O. Baker Professor of Computer Science at Princeton University. He is a Director of Adobe Systems and has served on the research staffs at Xerox PARC, IDA, and INRIA. He earned his Ph.D from Stanford University under Donald E. Knuth.
Christopher J. Van Wyk is Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at Drew University. The author of Data Structures and C Programs (Addison-Wesley, 1988), he has served on the research staff at Bell Laboratories, where he is now a consultant. Robert Sedgewick and Christopher Van Wyk both earned their Ph.D. degrees from Stanford University under Donald E. Knuth.
- Author(s)Robert Sedgewick
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/07/1998
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content Noted.
- Weight1089 g
- Width200 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08