All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionIn this deceptively simple tour de force, Alice McDermott lays out the keenly observed life of Marie Commeford, an ordinary woman whose compromised eyesight makes her both figuratively and literally unable to see the world for what it is. We come to feel for this unremarkable woman, whose vulnerability makes her all the more winning and makes her worthy of our attention. And that's why McDermott, a three-time Pulitzer minee, is such an exceptional writer. In her hands, an uncomplicated life becomes singularly fascinating, revealing the heart of a woman whose defeats make us ache and whose triumphs make us cheer. Marie's vision (and ours) eventually clears, and she comes to understand that what she so often failed to see is lying right in front of her eyes.
- Author BiographyAlice McDermott is the author of several novels, including After This, Child of My Heart, Charming Billy and At Weddings and Wakes. McDermott lives with her family outside Washington, D.C. Vanesa Casanova has translated titles by David Malaouf and Ivan Doig, among other books.
- Author(s)Alice McDermott
- PublisherLibros del Asteroide S.L.U.
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibros del Asteroide S.L.U.
- Weight363 g
- Width198 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byVanesa Casanova
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.