Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.80+ AU $12.70 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by fuggsy
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlice Bliss is fifteen. She's smart, funny, and clever. Not afraid to stand up for the things she believes in. She also idolises her father and, when he leaves home to fight a war she doesn't believe in, Alice is distraught. She and her mother negotiate his absence as best they can - waiting impatiently for his letters, throwing themselves into school and work respectively, bickering intermittently and, in Alice's case, falling for the boy next door - but then they're told that he's missing in action and have to face up to the fact that he may never return. Telling a story of love and loss, of grief and growing up, of family and friendship, Alice Bliss is a powerful, poignant portrayal of a young girl facing up to the unthinkable. Both intimate and universal, it is, ultimately, a story of a daughter's love for her father.
- Author BiographyLaura Harrington's award winning plays, musicals, operas, and radio plays have been widely produced in the US, Canada, and elsewhere. Alice Bliss is her first novel.
- Author(s)Laura Harrington
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/06/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date07/02/2015
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementAustralia/New Zealand ed
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.84New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.18
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
- AU $79.86Trending at AU $82.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.