All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLewis Carroll's stories of Alice have entranced children - and grown-ups - for nearly 150 years. And more than one reader, turning the last page of Through the Looking-Glass , must have been saddened by the thought that her adventures had well and truly come to an end. Not so! Setting himself the daily task of believing as many as six impossible things before breakfast (or at least before lunch), Gilbert Adair has written a delightful successor to Carroll's two immortal fantasies. Here, with the aid of Jenny Thorne's Tenniel-inspired illustrations, you will find characters as nsensical as any ever encountered by Alice. The Siamese-Twin Cats joined at the tail, the kindly old Grampus and its Auto-Biography, the Welsh Rabbit with its toasted cheese and Worcestershire Sauce and many, many, more. And perhaps you too will gradually discover, as Alice does, the mysterious pattern which shapes the destiny of her dream. Alice Through the Needle's Eye is both a literary tour de force and an enchantingly funny tail for children of, as they say, all ages.
- Author(s)Gilbert Adair
- Date of Publication21/06/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCathair na Mart
- Country of PublicationIreland
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight199 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jenny Thorne
- Foreword byMichael Everson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.