All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionWhen someone very close to you dies your whole life changes. Everything is different. Alice is the central figure in these five inter-connected narratives, which tell of her life at times of loss. Suddenly it is longer possible to say what the person looked like, how he spoke, cursed, smiled, how he lived his life. Objects are left behind, books, letters, pictures and every w and again you think you can see them in a crowd. Judith Hermann tells of days of transition, of waiting, of holding on and letting go-and of how clear and dazzling such days can sometimes be. Alice is a book of extraordinary power and great literary beauty from one of Europe's finest writers Alice is translated by Margot Bettauer Dembo.
- Author BiographyJudith Hermann was born in Berlin in 1970. She is the author of The Summer House, Later and Nothing but Ghosts, which have received a number of literary awards including the Kleist Prize. She lives and works in Berlin.
- PrizesShortlisted for Independent Foreign Fiction Prize 2012. Long-listed for IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2013.
- Author(s)Judith Hermann
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Clerkenwell Press
- Weight182 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byMargot Bettauer Dembo
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.