All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if there really are aliens and they do attack? Read what two scientists reveal in this how-to survival manual for the space age. Alien invasion. Unlikely? As unlikely as Pearl Harbor? The extinction of the disaurs? A meteor strike that levels whole forests in Siberia? You get the drift. Some events produce such a massive setback to life, the Earth and to humanity that we must understand and prepare for them, even if the chances are low that they'll come about. In fact, it will be criminal and abrogation of our duty to future generations if we do t get ready! But where to begin? Drs. Travis S. Taylor and Bob Boan have the answers. Both are experienced scientists, physicists with expertise in both defense and military signal intelligence and experience working with both the Department of Defense and NASA. These are intellectual heavyweights who have a clear idea of the possibilities of alien contact, the calculations of whether or t that contact will be friendly ...and what to do if it's t.
- Author BiographyDr. Travis S. Taylor has worked on various programs for the Department of Defense and NASA for the past twenty years. His expertise includes advanced propulsion concepts, very large space telescopes, space based beamed energy systems, future combat technologies, and next generation space launch concepts. Taylor is also the author of pulse-pounding, cutting edge science fiction novels such as the highly-popular One Day on Mars, Tau Ceti Agenda and his ground-breaking Warp Speed series and a regular on the History Channel's Life After People and The Universe series. Dr. Bob Bowan has been an active member of the space community for over a quarter of a century, with an expertise in SIGINT and communication systems and concepts.
- Author(s)Bob Boan,Travis S. Taylor
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.