Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionFor as long as he can remember, Arabian American Asim Abraham has been instructed to never express his feelings or ideas to anyone-ever. Raised as an American until age eight, when he relocated with his parents to his home country of Arabia, Asim struggled to learn about a new culture where regulations robbed him of everything, including the ability to speak his mind. For the first time in his life, Asim felt alienated from everything, everyone, and even himself. With the intent of teaching others about the vast diff erences between America and the Middle East, Abraham shares the poignant story of his life as he travels between the free United States and Saudi Arabia, where life seemed to become more complicated and darker with each passing year. As he embarked on a coming-of-age journey between the two countries, Abraham details how he witnesses the impact of the Gulf War, views the thin line between dreams and reality, and manages to find his path in life despite enduring years of suffering, low self esteem, and imprisonment of his ideas. Alienation t only offers one man's compelling glimpse into life in the Middle East, but also shares his important message for both worlds about acceptance, love, and peace.
- Author(s)Asim Abraham
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.