Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 12 Feb
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlighiero Boetti (1940-1994) was one of the most invative artists of the twentieth century. Originally associated with the Arte Povera group in Turin, in the 1960s he made works using materials sourced in hardware stores, shifting by 1970 to create art using drawing, Biro pens, newspaper images and artist's books. Based in Rome, he travelled constantly to distant destinations including Guatemala, Ethiopia, Japan, and, most frequently, Kabul, in Afghanistan. It was in Kabul that he set up a hotel and commissioned artisans to create embroideries, most famously his 'mappe', intricate maps of the world coloured according to political affiliation. Boetti's work is always poetic and playful, and he enjoyed creating different kinds of games involving time patterns and numeric sequences. At the same time he remained in touch with and inspired by the world around him, responsive to the complex political shifts that took place during the 1970s and '80s. Published on the occasion of a major touring exhibition, this comprehensive, lavishly illustrated overview brings together leading international critics and curators, each examining a different aspect of Boetti's achievements, together helping to explain why he remains both influential and inspiring nearly two decades after his death.
- Author BiographyLynne Cooke is Chief Curator and Deputy Director of the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Madrid. Mark Godfrey is Curator at Tate Modern. Christian Rattemeyer is Curator at the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
- PublisherTate Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTate Publishing
- Content Note180 colour, 60 black and white
- Width270 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edited byChristian Rattemeyer,Lynne Cooke,Mark Godfrey
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.