All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren's Choice Winner in the 0-7 catergory in the 2015 SLA Information Book Awards! This picture book tells the story of 10-year-old refugee Ali who, accompanied by his grandmother, flees his home country of Afghanistan to avoid the conflict caused by war. Told in Ali's own words, it documents the feelings of alienation, separation and suffering that war can place on immigrant children and their families, and the thread of hope that can help them overcome their ordeal. The BAFTA award-winning Seeking Refuge stories were originally produced as animations for the BBC. These powerful and evocative stories have w been captured in book form as rich, visual testimonies of the torment, hope and resolution of young refugees who are seeking asylum and adjusting to life in new countries all over the world. The series of five books form an excellent cross-curricular resource that looks at asylum, war, separation and integration and what it is to be a refugee today making them ideal for tying into Refugee Week.
- Author BiographyAli's Story - A Journey from Afghanistan is told in his own words.
- Author(s)Andy Glynne
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight154 g
- Width222 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Salvador Maldonado
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.