All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with information, advice and learning activities, this book tells you what you need to kw about drugs, young people's drug use, and how you can help them stay safe. It covers everything from what the effects are and why young people take drugs, to how to negotiate drug rules and ways to prevent and minimise harm. An easy to use section contains factual information about various drugs, covering a description of each drug, street names, a brief history, legal status, availability, extent of use and cost, effects, possible harms, and harm reduction advice. The newest and emerging drugs, such as legal highs, are included, as well as illegal drugs, alcohol, caffeine and tobacco. If you are working with or supporting young people or are a parent or carer, this is the book you need to help you understand drugs and respond positively and effectively to young people's drug use.
- Author BiographyJulian Cohen is a writer, educator, counsellor and consultant who has specialised in drug and sex education work with children, young people, parents, carers and professionals for nearly 30 years. He has written extensively on drugs and young people, ranging from teaching and training packages to educational games, pamphlets and books for young people, parents and professionals. His website is www.juliancohen.org.uk.
- Author(s)Julian Cohen
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight499 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.