All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAy youse lads, berds, scallies and twirlies, youse awrice? Ay 'ope youse are feelin' dead grace, sound, sick, belter and proper boss. This is a book about Scouse, the language of Liverpool and how it evolved. It goes back to early times looking at the different groups of people who have contributed to Liverpool's rich speech and culture and examines the features that make Scouse so unique. 'Opefully yous'll lern a lorra Scouse werds and frazers from deekin troo de pages of dis bewk and darryl lern ye to speak proper Scouse lah.
- Author BiographyDavid Simpson is a former journalist and a writer with a special interest in the history and dialects of northern England.
- Author(s)David Simpson
- PublisherBusiness Education Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationHoughton Le Spring
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMy World
- Weight101 g
- Width123 mm
- Height159 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.