All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionParasites affect every horse and are, therefore, of concern to every horse owner. The dangers cant be igred: it is vital to confront the problem in order to prevent unnecessary suffering to the horse and having to bear the financial burden of extra feed and veterinary bills. Written from a horse management rather than a veterinary perspective, this book describes the worm types and their life cycles and explains clearly the practical aspects of preventing worm infestation. Straightforward pasture management techniques, unbiased explanations of individual drug merits and sample worming programmes are all included to help reduce the risk to the horse from the incorrect use of drugs. This indispensable book is an essential purchase for every amateur and professional horse owner, as well as examination students.
- Author BiographySonia Davidson is a registered British Horse Society Intermediate Stable Manager. She has worked with horses since childhood and has been assistant Horse Master for several Scottish films and historical documentaries. Over the years she has seen first-hand the consequences of good and bad parasite control. Sonia owns her own horses and lives and works in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Sonia Davidson
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/1999
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Series TitleAllen Photographic Guides
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.16
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content Note24 pages of colour photographs
- Weight100 g
- Width185 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Photographs byDerek Braid
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.