All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionIn Alexander's life story, the classical sources mention 33 women whose presence had a mir or major impact on his career. Only his mother Olympias is amply described - but always to negative effect - while the others merely appear in fleeting anecdotes. This betrays the bias of the Greek and Roman writers, unwilling to see women in an independent and positive role. But in All Alexander's Women, the author w reveals their true importance. The most decisive is Sisygambis, queen-mother of Persia. Her relationship with the Macedonian conqueror proves they came to share a dream: a new world empire that would combine the genius of Cyrus the Great and of Alexander the Great. That multi-cultural society would have advanced women's rights by 2,000 years. All 33 women of Alexander, from his adoptive mothers to a mysterious soothsayer, and from a Greek sex bomb to a valiant Indian queen, w are the fascinating guiding lights of this book.
- Author BiographyRobbert Bosschart (1945, the Netherlands), since 1966 foreign correspondent in Spain for the Dutch public television NOS and other international media. Also, simultaneous interpreter for the coverage of live events at CNN-Plus. As a writer, specialised in the period of Alexander the Great, and so, speaker at the 2010 Historians' Congress titled Alexander & Darius at Amsterdam University. Subsequently, invited as speaker at public lectures for the Alexander Exhibitions held at the Hermitage in Amsterdam, and at the Madrid exhibition centre Canal YII.
- Author(s)Robbert Bosschart
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.