Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAll Behavior is Communication: How to Give Feedback, Criticism, and Corrections that Improve Behavior is an education and teaching book by Carmen Y. Reyes, The Psycho-Educational Teacher. The topic of this invative guide is simple yet powerful: what teachers say to children (the words we use) influence the way students perform. Feedback and criticism that convey high and positive expectations influence positive performance, but feedback and criticism that constantly remind children of their low performance and/or recurrent behavior problems reinforce the same low performance and behavior problems that we want to extinguish in the first place. Teachers make the difference, that is how powerful our words and messages are. Therefore, if we want to change children's disruptive and/or apathetic classroom behavior a first step would be to monitor, and if necessary change, the messages we send to students. All Behavior is Communication: How to Give Feedback, Criticism, and Corrections that Improve Behavior explains these three speech acts in detail and presents ways in which teachers can use language that is supportive of children and that inspires children to be the best they can be. This informative guide is an excellent resource for teachers, school counselors, and those parents with an interest in child guidance skills.
- Author BiographyCarmen Y. Reyes, The Psycho-Educational Teacher has more than twenty years of experience as an educational diagnostician, resource room teacher, and self-contained special education teacher. Her classroom background, in New York City and her native Puerto Rico, includes 10+ years teaching children with emotional and behavioral problems, and 4+ years teaching students with a learning disability or low cognitive functioning. Carmen has a bachelor 's degree in psychology (University of Puerto Rico) and a master 's degree in special education with a specialization in emotional disorders (Long Island University, Brooklyn: NY). She also has extensive graduate training in psychology (30+ credits). Carmen is the author of 60+ books and articles in child guidance and in alternative teaching techniques for struggling learners. All her publications are available on her blog, The Psycho-Educational Teacher.
- Author(s)Carmen Y Reyes
- Date of Publication10/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.