All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionAll Came Home is a true story of junior reserve officer Joe McDevitt during WWII, as told through letters mailed home to his family. This is a quintessential American story about a youngster of German and Irish ancestry striving to achieve the American dream. Then comes WWII, and Joe postpones his driving personal ambition in order to enlist in the Navy. He joins the Pacific Amphibious Forces where men wage war on the open water in small boats. Could the Navy really make a warrior out of him... someone who thinks of thing else but the sea and the war? A romance flourishes, and, like many of his peers, Joe must choose: marry w, and leave a young war bride behind, or wait to wed his true love when, and if, he returns? At war, he endures one bloody assault after ather: ground-shaking bombardments, thundering artillery and mortar barrages, and the conviction that chance alone determines who lives and who dies. One way or ather, all came home...
- Author BiographyPaul McDevitt is a retired professor emeritus who enjoyed research and writing during thirty-one years of university service. He is also the second son of a Navy lifer who began his career as a junior reserve deck officer in World War II and finished as the Navy's top uniformed lawyer. One of Paul's memorable reads from high school was Kenneth Dodson's naval classic Away All Boats, a riveting story-and later a movie-about American amphibious forces. At that time Paul was unaware that his own father had served on an attack transport in the Pacific during the war. Imagine his dismay when, in 2009, he opened a musty old box, read the letters that his Dad wrote home from the Pacific, and learned that Joe McDevitt was Boats, the Boat Group Commander aboard the U.S.S. Leon APA 48! Those letters provide the story line for this book about World War II, the U.S.S. Leon, and the making of an American hero.
- Author(s)Paul K McDevitt
- PublisherKillian Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKillian Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byRadm William O Miller
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.