Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.06Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Blackout, award-winning author Connie Willis returned to the time-traveling future of 2060 the setting for several of her most celebrated works and sent three Oxford historians to World War II England: Michael Davies, intent on observing heroism during the Miracle of Dunkirk; Merope Ward, studying children evacuated from London; and Polly Churchill, posing as a shopgirl in the middle of the Blitz. But when the three become unexpectedly trapped in 1940, they struggle t only to find their way home but to survive as Hitler s bombers attempt to pummel London into submission. Now the situation has grown even more dire. Small discrepancies in the historical record seem to indicate that one or all of them have somehow affected the past, changing the outcome of the war. The belief that the past can be observed but never altered has always been a core belief of time-travel theory but suddenly it seems that the theory is horribly, tragically wrong. Meanwhile, in 2060 Oxford, the historians supervisor, Mr. Dunworthy, and seventeen-year-old Colin Templer, who nurses a powerful crush on Polly, are engaged in a frantic and seemingly impossible struggle of their own to find three missing needles in the haystack of history. Told with compassion, humor, and an artistry both uplifting and devastating, All Clear is more than just the triumphant culmination of the adventure that began with Blackout. It s Connie Willis s most humane, heartfelt vel yet a clear-eyed celebration of faith, love, and the quiet, ordinary acts of heroism and sacrifice too often overlooked by history.
- Author BiographyConnie Willis, who was recently inducted into the Science Fiction Hall of Fame, has received six Nebula awards and ten Hugo awards for her fiction; her novel Passage was nominated for both. Her other works include Blackout, Doomsday Book, Lincoln s Dreams, Bellwether, Impossible Things, Remake, Uncharted Territory, To Say Nothing of the Dog, Fire Watch, and Miracle and Other Christmas Stories. Connie Willis lives in Colorado with her family.
- Author(s)Connie Willis
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleHugo Award Winner - Best Novel
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight916 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best Selling in Fiction Books
- AU $65.05New
- AU $52.29Used
A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The Complete Box Set of All 7 Books by George R. R. Martin (Paperback, 2012)
- AU $53.12New
- AU $47.29Used
- AU $16.00New
- AU $8.02Used
- AU $16.49New
- AU $18.25New
- AU $15.88New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.00
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.88
- AU $12.69Trending at AU $13.99
- AU $43.00Trending at AU $57.54
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $24.56
- AU $24.34Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $33.92Trending at AU $35.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.