All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDogwood trees were in full bloom as Union General Frederick Steele led 8,500 soldiers out of comfortable quarters in Little Rock and into the pine and scrub woodlands of southwest Arkansas. Steele's intended target was Shreveport, Louisiana. He planned to join ather Union force coming from Fort Smith, bringing his projected complement to 12,500 troops, and then link with ather Federal army in Louisiana.
- Author BiographyMark K. Christ is outreach director for the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program at the Department of Arkansas Heritage and has led the agency's battlefield preservation efforts since 1992. Christ is the author or editor of numerous books on Arkansas Civil War history, including The Die Is Cast: Arkansas Goes to War, 1861; Rugged and Sublime: The Civil War in Arkansas; and All Cut to Pieces and Gone to Hell: The Civil War, Race Relations, and the Battle of Poison Spring. A graduate of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a master s degree from the University of Oklahoma, Christ lives in Little Rock with his wife, Kimberly, and their daughters, Emily and Cassandra.
- Author(s)Mark K. Christ
- PublisherAugust House Publishers
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAugust House Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMark K. Christ
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.